AUSTIN ROCKS NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
- Austin Rocks is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. By attending Austin Rocks, you affirm: I accept that as a member of this community, I will contribute to making a community that is safe, open, and honest.
- Austin Rocks does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related thereto), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion and religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental or physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, age, military and veteran status, ancestry, ethnic or national origin (including language-use restrictions), or other characteristics or classifications protected by the law in the administration of its mission.
- This policy strictly prohibits discrimination against, or the harassment of, any individual attending Austin Rocks including but not limited to all individuals regularly or temporarily employed or volunteering. Persons violating this policy will be subject to corrective action up to and including discharge from employment or dismissal and removal from Austin Rocks.
- It is the responsibility of all Austin Rocks community members to ensure compliance with this policy. Accordingly, anyone who believes they are being harassed or discriminated against, have observed harassment of, or discrimination against, another person at the event in violation of this policy, or believe such conduct has occurred, should immediately report the incident to one of the individuals listed below.
- Because harassment and discrimination can also constitute violations of federal and state law (e.g., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended), individuals who feel that they have been subjected to harassment or discrimination may, in addition to notifying Austin Rocks, file a complaint with the appropriate state or federal agencies.
- Inquiries or complaints concerning the application of Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, ADA, or other nondiscrimination policies may be referred to Taletha Rivas (firstname.lastname@example.org).